Two new records of digenetic trematode genus Allocreadium Looss, 1900 from fresh water fishes of Lucknow, India
Although some encouraging studies have been done on the helminth parasites of fresh water fishes of India but there are serious deficiencies in present knowledge with regard to helminth parasites. The present study was carried out in Gomti river, is an important fresh water body in Daliganj at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The present study was aimed to investigate the unknown fresh water piscine digenean trematode parasites, on the basis of describtion of morphological as well as morphometrical analysis. Genus Allocreadium Looss, 1900 (Trematoda: Allocreadiidae (Stossich, 1903) Odhner, 1910) is one of the most important digenean trematode parasite with wide geographic distribution range in the world. We have recovered large number of digenean parasites which belong to above genus, during the survey 2010 to 2012 and collected forty trematodes of the genus Allocreadium Looss, 1900, out of these two are new species, another are redescribed to show certain variation, the new parasite was obtain from the intestine of fish Channa punctatus (Bloch., 1785) and Mystus tengara (Ham., 1822).
2. Chandra S, Yadav N, Saxena AM. An ecological aspect on digenetic trematode parasite of fresh water fishes from Uttar Pradesh (India). Int J Appl Nat Sci. 2016; 5(4): 93-102.
3. Chandra S. Taxonomical studies of trematode parasites of fresh water fishes of Uttar Pradesh PhD thesis: University of Lucknow, Lucknow. 2015.
4. Pande BP. Two new fish trematodes from Allahabad. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 1937; 7: 111-115.
5. Gupta SP. On two new trematodes (Family - Allocreadiidae from the fresh water fishes of Banaras. U.P. Proc Helminth Soc Wash. 1962; 30: 96-100.
6. Gupta SP. On a new trematode Allocreadium thapari n. sp. of the subfamily Allocreadiinae Looss, 1899 from the intestine of fresh water fish Rita rita. Indian J Helminthol. 1950; 2: 17-22.
7. Agarwal V. A trematode Prosotocus mastacembeli n. sp. (Sub family: Prosotocinae, Yamaguti, 1958) from intestine of a fresh water fish Mastacembelus armatus from Lucknow. Proc Helminthol Soc Wash. 1964; 31: 219-222.
8. Dhar RL, Kharoo VK. On a new trematode Allocreadium fotedari n. sp. from the intestine of Schizothorax niger a fresh water fish of Kashmir. Indian J Helminthol. 1985; 36 (1): 32-35.
9. Sen J, Siddiqui SF. Study on Allocreadium punctatai sp. nov. of the genus Allocreadium from a fresh water fish Channa punctatus (Bl) from the Pahuj dam Jhansi (U.P.) India. Biozone Int J Life Sci. 2010; 2(1&2): 373-375.
10. Khan, S. Studies on some larval and adult trematodes of fishes. Ph.D. thesis Lucknow University, Lucknow. 1981.
11. Gupta SP, Verma SL. On some trematode parasites of fresh water fishes. Riv Parasitol. 1976; 37: 171-182.
12. Srivastava PS. On a new trematode Allocreadium ophiocephali n. sp. of the family Allocreadiidae stossisch, 1904 from the intestine of Ophiocephalus punctatus. Indian J Helminthol. 1960; 12: 108-113.
13. Singh K. Allocreadium bimaculatusi sp. nov. (Allocreadiidae, Allocreadiinae) from fresh water fish Ompok bimaculatum (Bloch) from Gujartal at Jaunpur U.P. India. J Appl Biosci. 2009; 35(2): 184-185.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.